1. Estimates must be completed, approved by you, and signed before the moving company begins any work.
2. Have all property professionally packed.
3. Be present at the pickup, supervise the movers' work and stay until all packing and loading is finished.
4. Accompany the movers as they inventory your household goods, and resolve any questions regarding the condition of materials being moved.
5. Make sure to receive and keep copies of all the shipping documents until the goods are delivered, the charges are paid, and any claims are settled.
6. Before the movers leave take one final look throughout the house to make certain nothing has been left behind.
An estimate is an approximation of the total final charges based upon a specific set of services ordered and items to be moved. A customer should be advised that if additional services are ordered, required to be performed, or additional items (weight or cubic feet) are shipped then the price may increase.
1. Be prepared and available to supervise unloading and unpacking of your goods.
2. According to federal law, pay the mover in the form of payment agreed upon as written on your contract before your goods are unloaded.
3. Direct the movers on where to unload and place the items in your home.
4. Inspect all property for damage or missing items and document damages in writing.
5. Note on the inventory logs all boxes or other items that are damaged or missing.
When you think about it, moving is an important milestone in your life. You leave memories of a former life and create a new beginning. Your mind is preoccupied with the wonderful possibilities before you in your new location. The last thing you need in this big day is a harrowing experience with a sloppy moving company.
The horror stories are everywhere. Late arrivals of the movers. Your prized possessions mysteriously getting lost. Expensive furniture suddenly damaged. Hidden charges popping out of some unreadable fine-print in the contract. And the list goes on.
Clearly there is a need to distinguish which moving company can really deliver your requirements professionally and stress-free.
Just last August 2012, a total of 25 unlicensed moving companies in New Jersey alone were charged following an undercover sting operation. These companies were known to hold the customer's properties as hostage, extorting thousands of dollars more than the previously agreed-on price. One local moving company sent a truck that was uninsured, while another sent a vehicle that was unsafe and unfit for the streets. Even more dangerously, several movers were even wanted on outstanding warrants. It is therefore crucial that the moving company you choose is the right moving company.
A background check wouldn't hurt. Fly-by-night moving companies may smooth-talk you into attractive deals, but later turn your moving experience into a horrible nightmare. The inefficiency may not be intended, but quite understandable for greenhorn moving companies that pretend to know what they are doing.. If the movers have been around for a long time, however, they are more likely to have gained the proficiency ideal for your job requirements. BP Express local Moving Company is a family owned firm that has a proven track record in the moving business for more than 30 years now. With the wealth of material that must be packed, moved, and unpacked, you certainly would want a firm like BP Express Moving Company to handle your possessions with their usual professional care and composure.
There is an advantage with contracting a local company for your moving needs. The movers can get to you sooner, and should expectedly be familiar with the local transportation peculiarities of the area. Should there be any dispute that would arise later on, it helps if the moving company can be reached locally. Interstate jurisdiction over court cases can be problematic.
T: Cell (856) 308 1638 | Office (856) 488 942
Work Hours: 7 Days a week